Toll free866-434-5840
Toll Free 866-434-5840
Local 251-265-1000

Mobile, AL Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer

If you were hit by a drunk driver, we can fight back

Even though it is illegal, people still drink and drive in Alabama, leading to car accidents that leave people with serious injuries. If you were injured by a drunk driver, their responsibility seems clear. But these cases can be more complicated than they appear, and it may be difficult for you to recover financial compensation.

Drunk drivers may deny responsibility for the accident. They may even suggest you were somehow to blame. Insurance companies typically look for reasons to pay you as little as possible. They may challenge the extent of your injuries. That’s why you need the car accident attorneys at Dean Waite & Associates, LLC.

Our legal team can investigate your accident to find evidence that a drunk driver caused the accident that led to your injuries. We review all documentation, including accident reports and medical records. We search for witnesses and talk to them ourselves. If needed, we consult with experts who can help us understand what happened.

Your legal options after being hit by a drunk driver in Alabama

As with any other car accident, you can file a civil lawsuit against a drunk driver who caused your injuries. This is separate from any criminal charges that may be pursued by the State of Alabama – and because the standard of proof is lower in civil court, you can get compensation for your damages even if the at-fault driver is not convicted of DUI.

Alabama law also allows you to pursue a “dram shop” claim against a bar or other establishment that negligently served alcohol to the drunk driver under some circumstances. There are two situations where you can file a dram shop claim:

  • The business served alcohol to a patron who was already visibly intoxicated, who then injured someone by driving intoxicated or in some other manner.
  • The business served alcohol to a minor (under 21), who then injured someone by driving intoxicated or in some other manner.

It’s also possible to file a dram shop claim against a social host who served alcohol to the drunk driver (for instance, at a party) under similar criteria.

Unfortunately, drunk drivers often cause fatal car accidents. In these circumstances, the personal representative of the deceased person’s estate can pursue a wrongful death claim.

Depending on the circumstances, you may have other legal options as well. That’s why it’s critical that you speak with an attorney who has extensive experience representing injured drunk driving victims and fighting for maximum compensation.

We’re in this for the long haul

We can build a strong case that the insurance company has to take seriously. Our attorneys approach every case as if we are going to trial. We will be ready to fight for you in court, where we have won many significant awards for clients. Many times, this convinces insurance companies it is in their own best interests to negotiate a settlement that works for you.

We aren’t interested in accepting a quick settlement to help the insurance company make money. Our focus is on resolving your case in a way that meets your needs. This means it must provide compensation for all the damages you have suffered as a result of being hit by a drunk driver.

This includes compensation for all medical expenses related to your injuries – now and in the future. For example, you may need additional surgery months from now. Or your injuries may leave you in need of home care. Any resolution of your case must also include compensation for lost wages you suffered if you were left unable to work.

When you’ve been hit by a drunk driver, experience matters. Contact us.

Attorney Dean Waite has years of experience helping people who have been injured in accidents involving drunk drivers. That’s why people throughout Alabama turn to our firm after being involved in a car wreck. We know how to build strong cases and fight insurance companies to help you get the compensation you deserve.

If you were hurt in an accident with a drunk driver, call us today at (866) 434-5840. We can tell you more about how we can help during your free case evaluation.